It's never been enough to just get a college degree then abandon formal education. You have to keep learning. Not only is it good for your brain, it's also good for your career. It's something an employer values. Why? Because continual learning demonstrates an eager, creative mind, an employee who's interested in the business and wants to stay on the cutting edge.
Yes, you have a busy life now that you're no longer a student. You have work; you have a family; you want time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. How can you do education on top of all that - especially when you thought you were done? Maybe you should consider getting a business certificate online. Consider this:
- Certificate programs don't require admission into degree programs.
- Certificate programs let you supplement your degree and advance your career in specialized ways.
- Certificates help you demonstrate your professional focus.
- The certificate itself is a formal recognition of your additional training.
- The course of study is similar to degree programs in quality and rigor, but they're shorter and more flexible.
- Your employer will appreciate the fact that you're getting extra education, but you're not needing to take time off from work to do it.
Getting a business certificate online has the added value of convenience and flexibility. Your classes will "meet" when it fits into your schedule, and you won't have to drive miles and miles to get to a campus at the crack of dawn or in the dead of night.
So, think about what appeals to you, and educate yourself about what's available. Start by checking out the many online certificate programs UNCG has to offer.