Are you an early childhood education professional looking to take the next step in your career? A graduate certificate or master’s could open leadership opportunities. Consider a Master’s of Education in early childhood education or a North Carolina early childhood teaching licensure, both available fully online at UNCG.
Get graduate-level training
If you already have an undergraduate degree in early childhood or a related field, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Birth–Kindergarten Initial Licensure provides graduate-level training as well as inclusive early childhood experience for an education career. Prepare to teach and lead in public Pre-K or kindergarten, Head Start, preschool, early intervention, or specialized education and inclusive education programs.
Completing the program leads to eligibility of the NC birth-kindergarten teaching licensure. Interested students may apply for the birth–kindergarten master’s program—credits from the certificate count toward the master’s.
A master’s that focuses on leadership
Did you know UNCG’s Master of Education in Birth-Kindergarten Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development is fully online and highly ranked nationally?
The birth–kindergarten master’s program prepares students to assume leadership roles in diverse education and community-based settings for children ages birth to five, with and without disabilities, and their families. Students develop skills to create effective and engaging programming.
The degree focuses on leadership, mentoring, consulting, supervision, and administration for career preparation as an early childhood teacher, early interventionist, resource and referral specialist, child care consultant, family advocate, program administrator, inclusion specialist, home-based service provider, curriculum specialist, or community college instructor.
Choose from two concentrations:
- The Early Childhood Leadership and Program Administration concentration prepares teachers, administrators, and other childhood professionals to become leaders in their field.
- The Early Childhood Leadership and Advanced Teaching Licensure concentration is designed for those with an initial license but who seek an advanced license along with education in early childhood leadership.
Highly ranked online programs
These programs are worth looking into:
- Learn at UNCG’s highly ranked School of Education (SOE)—the top-ranked regional school or college of education in North Carolina, eighth-ranked regional SOE in the United States, and second-ranked birth-kindergarten online master’s program in the United States.
- Faculty in the School of Education and the Department of Human Development and Family Studies teach the interdisciplinary program.
- These programs are designed with working professionals in mind. Students learn in a virtual classroom, taking the fully online courses wherever is convenient. Courses are held at set class times, allowing interaction with professors and peers.